Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Beginning

This morning as I awoke and began to plan my day, I said a day after prayer for all the participants of the Marine Corps Marathon, especially those who ran or walked on behalf of the Archdiocese of Washington. Congratulations to the Archdiocese Run for Vocations team. May you always inspire others with your Faith and goodness.

Thoughts of finding additional ways to serve God continue to grow in my mind. The predilection toward providing assistance and prayers to God and the Church community pleases me as it challenges me. I have recently felt an interior assurance of calm while praying during Mass. My mind is wanting learn and experience the purgative, illuminative, and unitive ways of life. I want to develop tools to combat all types of sins glamorized and encouraged by the secular world.

I want to protect my imagination from all which might harm in this time of concupiscence.

I do not have an indifference to the present, I only seek the real value of modernity. What is believed, what is encouraged, what is absolute, what is the self and self-distrust? These are private questions asked inward in infinite variations. Is God represented in modernity? Is his authority respected?

I am always inspired by the tender, loving efforts of others when they make personal sacrifices in the name of God. Their diligence is inspirational.

While searching the internet I discovered this prayer which captured my imagination.

Prayer of St. Michael

By order of the Pope this prayer was recited daily after Low Mass throughout the Catholic churches around the world. After Vatican Council II the practice almost disappeared due to liturgical modifications.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment