Saturday, October 24, 2009

Before I Do Something

I look at the actions of the parishioners, the deacons, priests, rectory staff to inspire me with more ideas, more questions, more philosophical abstractions. I need to learn the way of my religious devotion.

It is my wish to observe the holy body of clergy and the servants of God as their humble servant. I wish to walk in the Holy Spirit, and to see and hear everything around me with purity, in a spiritual way.

The people I have met through the parish have provided me beautiful, salutary moments of Faith and service to God to observe and to remember. Their dedication and enthusiasm for their various tasks is in general simple inspiration and in specific examples of compassion and mercy as taught by Jesus. Their actions offer praise and thanksgiving to God. Their actions allow me to observe charity, humility, and love.
Now is a moment of excited hope. Now is a moment to practice my Faith. I am open to experience the Church as a participant with the entirety of my being, with my complete imagination, with its remaining rambunctious remnants from my childhood. How excellent I feel when the youthful part of my heart allows me to love God completely, gently like a child with energy, intensity, and a sense of fun. Faith allows an excellent occasion to be humble, to love God, to experience charity.

All charity and humility depends upon the quality and purity of the love in our hearts for all mankind. How beautiful it feels to love universally, to love unconditionally. Those are the moment when the Holy Spirit touches us, surprises us with sensations unknown, sometimes unimagined; our personal feelings hide from the simplicity, everything in us is alive, thoughts touch our minds, and the strange sensation moves through my brain, halts and then, I want to cry, to rejoice in the power and mystery of God.

To be faithful is not to protect or hide your faith, but to learn about yourself and continue to evolve, and create a new way to live and include praising God in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment