Thursday, October 29, 2009

Owing to October Overcast Mornings

October 28, 2009.--Sunday, I was an Altar Server at the Cathedral. Months ago I allowed myself to dream about becoming an Altar Server. Months ago I dreamed a quiet dream of contented service to God and his community. I enjoy going to Mass. I enjoy praying. I enjoy being in the presence of other people who are praying. In my own way I am attempting to follow Jesus Christ. The more I do the more I want to do; the more I do the more I believe, the more I believe the more I understand that only Jesus Christ is the true God and I can only allow myself to believe in only Him.

Believing in God means discovering the truth, seeing the image of love. Our imaginations will create an unique image of God within each of us. In our daily lives we should remember our Baptismal promises and make decisions based upon them. When we keep our lives simple, goodness will guide us with a gentle hand. When you allow yourselves to believe, not because you read a passage in the Bible but because you have had one moment when you felt God’s loving presence in your life and then you will begin to understand and comprehend the majesty and mystery of God.

The message of love and hope that Christ taught us is for everybody. There are no restrictions on it.

We simply have to accept it in our minds, believe it in our hearts, and share it in our lives.

There is nothing more beautiful than sharing our spiritual lives in the service of our loving and merciful God. We must always remember to walk in Jesus Christ’s footsteps. Our lives should be filled only with universal love and hope.

I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you. 1 Corinthians 11:2


No comments:

Post a Comment