Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sweet Silence

Faith arrives with a sweet silence, a deep feeling of entwining prayers for persons known and unknown. Hope enamors my soul with a soft murmuring history of chanting goodness, holiness, kindness. Faith creates and then nurtures a lightly smoky rapture like cathedral candles tenderly extinguished after the service is done as the congregation leaves. The sphere of love is liquid crystal brilliant inviting us to believe to be precocious with holy thoughts, kind deeds. The hymns remain in my mind inspiring me to praise God silently, inspiring me to be look into my soul, into my silence. I am part of a manuscript, just a quire to preserve the story, the glory of God. The silence makes me think, helps me remember the lingering formulas of goodness and holiness. God inhabits us, God is close, God is distinct. And prayers are more than words. We have angels and saints floating around, with intercessions, with lessons leading us to God’s love, to God’s blessings. We are Christians. We are praying, we are meditating, we are discerning, we are serving. With love, in candle light our eyes, hearts, minds, and souls yearn and look toward heaven. Faith arrives with a sweet silence. Cathedral during the Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment