Monday, October 3, 2011

Each Day I Notice

Each day I notice this and that. Each day something amazes me, some amuses me, something annoys me. Each day I try to decide what events from my day should be shared with my friends and how these events should be shared.

The idea of proclaiming the Word of God is daunting, frightening even if I am simply using each action in the glory of God. I know that there will be moments when I will be a mischievous and say or do something inappropriate for comedic effect or as a natural reaction to a situation that has either distressed me or hurt me.

God is very important to me. Being faithful, humble, loving, and loyal to God rank very high in my mind but there are times when I do fail. This sometimes spurs me to continue trying to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ, keeps me wanting to do good, wanting to encourage others to do good.

The life of all Christians is simply a series of choices; our decisions hopefully reflect our love and devotion to God. Free will gives us opportunities to affirm our commitment to God. Free will also presents opportunities to make mistakes, opportunities to be seduced by temptation, opportunities to sin and turn away from God. Within each instance of sin is a quiet call for repentance, a desire to receive forgiveness from God.

Each day I learn how to be a better Christian by observing what I do and what I don’t do. Being Christian is an ongoing education process. Our souls need to be educated each and every day. We need to be reminded about goodness, holiness, and kindness. We need to be encouraged to be compassionate, merciful. We need to be taught how to love without a desire for reciprocation.

There are times when I feel that there is something that I should do for God but I decide not to do it. Like Jonah I try to flee but often something stops me, and I return to trying to serve God.

God waits for us to notice him, to notice his love for us.

Each day I seek God.

No comments:

Post a Comment