Friday, September 23, 2011

Think of God Today

And so my thoughts return to the spring, this rainy September afternoon. I can hear cars splash by on the uneven pavement in the street.


BeforeSpringOfficiallyStarts7353

This has been a damp rainy day. As the official first day of autumn, there is something fitting in this rain. It is as if nature was encouraging us to slow down, to examine our lives. The rain has been light, then hard, then light, then a soft barely perceptible drizzle, then hard again. This is a day for reflection, for prayer. For a moment my feet were wet, my sweater was damp. This is a day for solitude, for silence. This is a day to reflect on life, are you where you want to be, are you where God wants you to be?

  arboretum 5

The remnants of the yesterday remain, suggesting prayer, suggesting compassion.

And I will need an umbrella when I go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment