Sunday, September 25, 2011

Offer Fairness and Justice

Each Christian seeks fairness and justice for his neighbor, for his family, for himself. Each Christian seeks a life of goodness, holiness, kindness. A life of humility, charity, obedience to God can lead to the Kingdom of Heaven.

I know that iniquity is wrong. I try to avoid it, I try to help others avoid it.

I want to be a virtuous person, I want to be a righteous person. There are moments in each day when I am virtuous, when I am righteous. Then I am at peace, then I am serving the Lord with my entire being, with my soul, my mind, my heart. Then I am content and I desire to do more for God, more for his people.

Being human there are times when I turn toward wickedness, when I am on the precipice of temptation and sin, when I momentarily discard thoughts of being right and just. Then I am filled with conflict, anxiety, fear.

But, with prayer and patience I can turn away from sin, avoid temptation. I can preserve my life by being a loving, loyal, obedient servant of God, surrendering my entire being, surrendering my entire life to God.

With prayer, patience, reflection the sacrifice of the Mass will lead me on a path of hope, knowledge, love. It is not enough that I turn away from wickedness, I will try and encourage others to do so. Hopefully my life will inspire others to love the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment