Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rebuild and Renew

Christian existence contains a sense of being incomplete, being unfinished. Christian existence contains an explicit charge to renew your faith and love in God, to rebuild your strength, to avoid temptation and sin, to rebuild and renew your love for your neighbor.

Prayer renews us when we allow ourselves time for patience and reflection.

Prayer rebuilds us by finding and developing the potential for goodness, holiness, kindness within us. We each possess the ability for love universal, love unconditional. We simply are asked to answer God’s call and to release our love, release our hope, release our mercy with no desire for reciprocation.

Prayer reminds us of how small we are but how big true charity, true humility, true obedience are when they are used for the glory and praise of God. Prayer builds both our individual and community spiritual life. We are encouraged to share our prayers, to share our hopes. Remember our prayers are all answered, not as we may want them to be answered but in a way that is suitable to God, suitable to the nurturing and nourishing of our hearts, minds, and souls. Prayer prepares us to be loving, loyal, honest servants of the Lord.

My existence as a Christian begins with prayer. Some days, when I remember and think of to do it, I offer all of my activities as a living prayer of hope and love.

My belief in God helps me believe in myself, believe that there is good inside of me, helps me believe and seek the good in others. For me being Christian, being Catholic involves living a creative life of beauty, goodness, and truth. My decisions, my thoughts often reflect a desire to follow in the footsteps of Christ.

I often recommend silence, prayer, reflection to my friends when they are having a crisis, being annoyed by someone, or just a little rattled. The most important recommendation I can make is asking someone to return to God, asking someone to seek the Lord.

God can help us getaway from sin. Prayer can be our getaway car. We simply have to believe. We simply have to pray.

Prayer can help rebuild our damaged souls, minds, hearts, and lives. Prayer can renew our faith, hope, love.

Evangelization begins with prayer, with a decision subtle or overt, with a decision important to live your life for God, to create a life which reflects the goodness, the glory, the mercy, the compassion, and the love that is God.

We are all pulp. We all have potential to serve and honor God. We simply need prayer to guide us in both our individual and community development as believers of God, believers of Jesus Christ, as followers of Jesus Christ.

God waits for our decisions. God listens to our prayers.

Simply take time to pray.

Remember to pray.

Create time for prayer each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment