Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday Wish

Well someone told me that birthday and baseball games have a lot in common. I never realized that there was any type of connection between them but now I accept this notion as I reflect on many birthday celebrations I have attended.



How great it is to sit and watch a baseball game. How great it is to sit and watch guests arrive at a birthday party.

Baseball games and birthday parties each involve sitting, standing, drinking beer, eating hamburgers, french fries, nachos covered in gooey cheese, and talking with our mouthes filled. Someone misses a comment or a catch. Someone takes a crazy picture.



There is always a madcap race to get booze or ice or chicken wings or to find the television remote or the car keys. Sometimes people get right presidential at birthday parties.



There is something about baseball games and birthday parties which bring out the child in us.



Baseball games and birthday parties remind us that sooner or later we need someone to get a rake and scratch our backs.

As the baseball season ends, the fall birthday season begins. Happy birthday to all and there was not a creature stirring not even a politician...oh I lost my place...



Happy Birthday to all.

Happy Birthday belatedly (You know who you are).

Happy Birthday in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment