Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Day

This was a long day. I am exhausted. I am sitting in an empty restaurant waiting for friends to arrive. My fingers keep slipping onto the wrong keys, typing the wrong characters. In the background there is a country and western song. Well, it sounds like it is a country and western song. This day kept me busy, kept my mind occupied. The singing is plaintive, sad, with elongated sounds that I associate with country and western songs. I want to eat but these sad songs make it hard for me to concentrate. I am in the mood for pizza. At least I think that I want pizza. Maybe I want french fries. I could be healthy and have a salad. But, now I am exhausted and waiting for my friends to arrive.

I have a few moments to be alone, to listen to the music. I have a few moments to be alone, to listen for God’s call. I have a few moments to be alone, to offer praise and thanks to God.

This day pleased me, exhausted me. I ran errands, made phone calls, skipped meals, got caught in the drizzle. I went to Mass. I updated a poster. The poster is now bilingual, four posters were printed and three posters were the placed on easels and one posted to a door this afternoon. The posters are bilingual, I am not.

I am alone. I am ready to sleep. I am ready to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment