Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More about Sunday

November 3, 2009.--I am proud at the incredible traditions of Judaism that helped created Christianity. I am happy to hear the Redeemer’s parables and teachings. I will always like the Beatitudes.

The Beatitudes challenge us to behave in a manner that shows concern and love for our neighbor as well as for ourselves. The Beatitudes challenge the modern vogue idea of the individual. The Beatitudes are simple instructions for living and flourishing within God’s community.

Please remember to include the Beatitudes in your daily life. Kindness and goodness will surprise you when you do.

Hope is a large part of our belief in God.

I think that we live in a time of moral difficulty. We live in time where vice is encouraged, glamorized and accepted as the norm. The laxity of modern society allows for all authority to be challenged, ridiculed. Man needs rules, he needs laws. We need to know what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

Humanity does not exist to serve the whims of Madison Avenue. The richness of our Christian lives exists beyond the Hollywood formula and variations. Eternal life requires a belief and trust and love for a higher authority. Eternal life requires fulfilling promises to God.

I am always amazed at the examples of God’s love that I observe while going about my daily life. People helping each other, being respectful of each other.

Our religion is truly based upon a foundation of love. As believers we must constantly reinforce this foundation.

The Beatitudes provide this foundation in their directness, in their simplicity. They are an appeal to each and every one us to live rich lives of fairness, faith, hope, humility. and charity.

How we use them remains our personal choice. I like to think of them as flash cards. As I go through my daily routine, depending on what I am doing or not doing, my mind will flash “Blessed are those who mourn” or “Blessed are the peacemakers”.

Nestling within me, within my heart and soul is a desire to live a faithful obedient Christian life. The Beatitudes will help me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment