Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Beauty

I have to remember that there is a visible Holy Spirit, leading me toward God, guiding me to doing his work, encouraging me to put others first. I want to learn humility and obedience. I must always remember that the Church was founded by Jesus Christ, and as a Christian there is an implicit promise to offer my life in service of God, to love everyone equally, and be merciful, humble, compassionate. The gates of heaven are not to be taken for granted. The apostolic Church allows us to learn how to love and serve God. As Christians our lives and our daily choices should reflect the Church’s ministry. I have to remember the sacraments, Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation.

I want to live a life that is holy and filled with God’s grace. Our lives should be filled with perpetual love and service to God. I want to add the Holy Scriptures to my daily routine, reverence for all of God’s teachings, respect for all. My faith includes silence. I can look to the saints for inspiration. I am looking for direction.

It was a singular hope that I find this inspiration, enhanced with the beauty and bounty of God.

I wonder if the over stimulation of our civilization leaves our hearts unoccupied. What will we discover about our faith? How can our lives be more devout? And do we all agree on the mission of the Church? Do we understand and believe the Church’s mission?

I hope that my life contains a pure zeal, a pure reverence for God. Each day provides lessons on how to be better, to move closer to God. My life leads me to holiness.

We commemorate our faith when we treat each other with respect and fairness; when we attend Mass and remember the Sabbath; when our lives are filled with obedience, humility, and charity. We must contemplate the saints, the Church’s creeds and prayers, the Church’s documents and dogma and use all of the knowledge from our faith in our daily lives. Our love in God makes us triumphant.

Our lives should include self-sacrifice and love.

I am searching for direction, filled with the hope of discernment. There is a desire for righteousness and holiness; however, there is a need to be merciful and forgiving in our daily lives and to live a life of worship celebrating the mystery of our faith.

I want my life to glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment