Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Autumn

Each autumn the leaves on some of the trees change color, die, and fall to the ground. But, the orange, gold leaves possess perfect beauty; so, in the garden of my soul each feeling has, its moment of intensity its moment of radiance, its moment of luminosity. And for minute or two there is such a sensation of grace that the entire world appears bathed in goodness and hope.

I have been lucky enough to have met and to have been influenced by several people who were willing to bravely share their faith and their love in God with. Seeing their radiance inspired me.

I hope that some day my life will be seen as a witness to the mercy, wisdom, and love of God.

Each day I try to say prayers for peace, charity, and compassion.

And now I am trying to find some wonderful metaphor which would incorporate the word meridian.

And now I am wondering about the blue sky and clouds above our heads. I have to remind myself to say thank you to for God for those wonderful gifts. I like to imagine heaven. Rarely do I imagine it in the same way. Sometimes it has the splendor and grandeur of old Hollywood, Cecil De Mille. Sometimes it has the beautiful cadence of William Shakespeare. But, there is always an undeniable brillancy.

I do not want greatness. I want goodness. It’s zenith is more elusive, more ephemeral. I want to inspire people to trust their feelings, to seize the power of their Faith, and to rise to their highest point in their journey to God.

Our lives are a mixture of ideals, presentiments, and reminiscences. The more we allow God into our lives the more radiant and graceful we become. Faith in action is beautiful to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment