Thursday, July 23, 2009

Twilight

Another twilight. Another siren sounds in the distance. Another cool breeze on my skin.

What does it mean to love in deed and truth? Is it something that can be done between going to the gym, the office, the restaurant and then home?

I struggle with being charitable sometimes. I want to help. My imagination prevents me from doing it sometimes with violent, nightmarish blood splattered daydreams from too many true crime and police procedural television shows.

Sometimes I wish there was a faith procedural show which would show us how to find, share, and build our faith.

I think I really began to think honestly about the consequences of my actions, while sitting in a RCIA class and listening to a discussion about original sin. Before that I had not really either accepted or comprehended the definition of original sin as being an intrinsic part of my life, like a symphonic overture.

The sky is really colorless except for a few patches of blue and neon white clouds.

It was a peaceful, wondrous moment, the moment I crossed my chest and received my first blessing from a priest, and I wanted to become a humble servant for God. I did not want to leave St. Matthew's Cathedral. I did not want to return to the chaotic, outside world.


No comments:

Post a Comment