Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I think, I write

I often think about writing. I often think about praying. A couple of times I considered creating a spreadsheet to remind me to pray for different people.

I just could not decide whether the list should be alphabetical by first name or last name. The list is in my mind. I think of it throughout the day. Sometimes names will glow in my mind while I am at Mass, or when I am getting ready for bed or walking to the grocery store.
I spend too much time thinking. I want to spend more time praying.

I wonder whether I pray enough. I hope that I do.

Sometimes there is a wildness in my thoughts. Images go round and round. There is a repetition of words, sounds. I will unkempt and unworthy to stand before God. My head and heart are often turbulent places filled with doubt and hesitation.

I frequently walk on Connecticut Avenue. There are many restaurants and stores and other pedestrians. It's often a crowded, chaotic road. If I allow myself, I can get lost in the storefronts. Often the faces I see are tired or sad or melancholy. I sometimes wonder about how would Jesus Christ react to American urban life? Would his parables be different? Would his miracles be different?

Connecticut Avenue is on a slight hill. The old trolley used to run on this street.

I should be reading the Bible now. I am sitting in my apartment, without the stereo or television on. There is a stack of books waiting to be read by me. Some are religious others are literary. There is a wild combination fiction, poetry, biography and science. There is also a stack of different Catholic books. All are there to help me to think. Some are there to make me write.

I wonder what is the best way for me to honor and praise God.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, and welcome to the world of Catholic blogging. My name is RAnn and I'm the hostess for Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who share our best posts with each other weekly. I'd like to invite you to join us. You can see this week's post and links at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2009/07/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_18.html

    ReplyDelete