Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Saturday in the City

It's Saturday. I am alone on my roof. The time is 6:57 PM. I can see a small group of people having a dinner party on a nearby roof. Every so often I can hear a woman laugh. I can not clearly hear the conversations. Every now and then I can hear a stray word or two.

I like this time of day. I enjoy being at this spot. The sky is a modern, renunciant blue; the clouds are white and patient encouraging concentration, meditation.

I think of the Holy Trinity. I think of eternal peace and unity.

I realize that there are many lessons waiting for me to learn. Sharing goodness and mercy is sometimes difficult. I am not very good at telling jokes.

I am good at listening. I do have a pretty good imagination.

Tonight, I want to say, "Alleluia, alleluia."


No comments:

Post a Comment