Friday, July 31, 2009

Appreciate the Moment

In the distance voices cheering and applauding could be heard. Sitting alone watching tiny aircraft descend against the sky, my mind is filled with all types of thoughts.

My ears can hear the growl of a lone motorcycle on the street. My eyes can see various street lamps shining. My skin can feel the breeze. My mind can appreciate the beauty of this moment.

Quiet moments are great for being quiet.

In the stillness, wait reflections and understanding. In the still grows patience. Difficult for us being still is.

I can see the red light flashing in the Washington Monument. I can hear the fans of the big rooftop air conditioning units on the nearby building. I can remember walking across the River Thames on a bridge near the Tate. I can remember being thankful for being alive and for having a beautiful, accepting, caring group of friends.

My friends are one of my blessings.

Silent I am. Reflecting I am. At peace and filled with hope and love I am.

Weariness too much worry creates.

Remember that you are always in my thoughts and my prayers.

Please remember to have a laugh for me.

Once upon a time, there were a group of friends, who used to get together for dinner and drinks. And they each discovered living in the city can be hazardous to their sanity. But I took them away from all that. Now, they relax and laugh with me. I hope you remember my name. I remember yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment