Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday Mass - Remembered

I liked the homily which was given during the 11:30 AM Mass. I liked how everything was connected together. It all flowed very beautifully.

The inclusion of the latest encyclical pleased me. I listened intently as the priest read the Introduction to the encyclical. I was mesmerized. Even the word encyclical created a vaguely juvenile rapture, an instant joy and interest.

I had heard the word before but this was the first one since I had joined the church.

I liked the language. I liked the opening three words, "Charity in Truth." I especially enjoyed being reminded that "God is love."

I decided to download a copy later. I wanted to read the entire document.

"God is love" always resonates with me, always makes me want to be a better person and a better Christian.


No comments:

Post a Comment