Friday, September 2, 2011

Serving God

The themes of being a faithful Christian begin with kindness, goodness, holiness. There is always talk of mercy, charity, obedience, humility. Life presents opportunities for prayer, opportunities for sacrifice. The earth is our temporary home; hopefully we are all preparing for our salvation, preparing for our eternal life in the kingdom of God. Our hearts will overflow with love and joy. The spirit directs us to joy. We are born to serve the Lord.

Life presents sadness, loneliness and other imputations to each one of us at some time.

Our spoken language is filled with elision and elliptical clauses. In normal speech we are constantly omitting this, dropping that syllable.

Communication occurs with or without good grammar. Our lives present us an opportunity to serve and love God.

We are always in the presence of God. We are asked to always be a servant of the Lord.

The themes of my religious life begin with courage, obedience, patience. The Christian spirit is born for education. The Christian spirit asks each one of to listen, to listen for the call of the Lord.

We are asked to have joy and love overflow from our hearts. We are asked to seek greater patience and wisdom.

We are born serve the Lord.

There are days when I forget this, when I downplay the importance, the seriousness of being obedient, of doing God’s will. Our lives are a preparation for our own salvation. Our lives are also a time to encourage others to prepare for salvation, for eternal life. There are days when I am governed by anxiety, angst, anger. I must work hard to be good, to be filled with kindness and goodness and holiness.

I pray for my neighbors and for myself that I have the strength and confidence to always follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ with love in my heart, mind, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment