Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Notes from July

In July I felt like a duck. Some folks said I looked like a duck. I was very distressed.






July I planned to go to the mountains, thought about going to the beach. In July I planned to study humanity, thought about escaping the humidity.

Plans are made with such sweetness. There is never anyone to disagree with your plans while they remain safely, comfortably in the grey matter. There is never anyone to make you stick to your plans while they lounge in the grey matter.

Naturally I did not leave the metropolitan area for the desired two weeks.

In July I planned to write about the beauty, the sacredness of weddings.

For several days I thought about different things that I wanted to include. I decided that the sunflower would be the perfect symbol for weddings and the first moments of marriage. Well it is now September and I have not begun to write about weddings yet. I glanced at the July photographs and organized several clever, uplifting opening paragraphs.




It is now the summer of your youth, the summer of your wedding: time arranges floral bouquets and boutonnieres. Roses wait in vases. Roses wait for your fingers to caress the petals. Roses wait in silence, washed by warm soothing waters of hope. How freshly and cheerfully does a loving wedding soften the advance of time. Humility, charity, obedience, and compassion drive a gentle, loving marriage.


The hopeful companions of a romantic, obedient imagination, the melodious approach of love and sacrifice with a hint of inspiration these come into my mind as I offer brief prayers, for prosperity, progeny, posterity.








The best weddings are filled with the best flattery.


Within the ceremony of a quality wedding is a simple request for the happy couple to devote themselves to God, to serving God, to loving. Truth, love, and faith form an alliance with us and God offers comfort and hope to all those who are present.


Prayers are needed each day for the happy couple.


A wedding can be a source of goodness, kindness, holiness, and happiness forever.

A wedding can fill the air with prayers.

That wedding changed me and such a sweet change. Sacred wedding, sacrament of marriage, and daybreak and daylight! How bountiful and inspirational it was! How lovely was each moment, each silent prayer sent to heaven, sent to God by each guest for the happy couple.

The July heat and humidity—changed the memories—encouraged love to grow anew; love between husband and wife, love for the husband and wife, love for God, love for God and the husband and wife.

Each Christian wedding shares love with the world, shares love with God.

Like so many big personal events, prayers and compassion are needed more after the big moment, when the daily routine returns, when reality ends the fairy tale, when the sacrifices fuare clearer.

All my thoughts, all my passions, all my delights fuels the sacred flame of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment