Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This Season

During this season of Lent our conversion can never be to far from our minds. Our sins are in our minds. We ask God for pity, mercy. This is the season of the little critics reminding us of original sin, reminding us that we are made of dust, reminding us of our weaknesses. The little critics reside somewhere within us and encourage us to examine our conscience.

Lent asks us to take a moment and examine our lives, to examine our reality. We live in an era of computer generated images. It is often difficult separating truth from fiction. This liturgical season helps us learn how to express our faith and love in God, to encourage faith and love in God to others, to encounter God.

Distractions and diversions attack us all the type. We must learn how to avoid them. This season provides a way for us to learn about goodness.

We must remember Christ in the desert; remember that our lives contain tests, moral, ethical, spiritual.

As Christians, our conversion teaches us the necessity and relevance of having God in our lives, guiding us, teaching us to do good. Our conversion teaches us to always have reverence for God. This reverence will help us move closer to God.

You do learn how to love by experiencing your failure in love. You do learn how to pray by being silent, by listening, by finally saying “Father,” the emotion in your heart shall guide you to God.

Secular forces encourage us to approach each day feeling a little vague, tentative, inconclusive. Uncertainty waits for us in the secular world. Beauty and serenity can be created with all types of algorithms and generated by super computers. Our senses might be seduced by the superficial appearances.

This season asks us to look beneath superficial, to uncover the truth.

I have enjoyed the homilies that I have heard during this season. In each there has been something which has made me question myself, my status quo.

My life does contain some failures, but also moments of fine humility, charity, and hope. My conversion is leading me in the right direction. I am working to follow. First I want to learn humility and then live it daily from the moment when I wake up till I go to sleep. For once I learn humility then that practice will help me with charity and obedience.

Each day I do examine my moral and physical state; I acknowledge that it is impossible to conquer sin but I can learn how to avoid it.

True life begins with love, begins with prayer; when our hopes and prayers are for the well-being and peace of everyone, unconditionally, freely then we are following in the footsteps of Christ.

Above all I want my life to reflect and inspire a love in Jesus Christ that will never perish.

I frequently think about God, helping others. I am developing a spiritual point of view which is in contrast to my intellectual point of view. The atmosphere of Lent creates compassion within me, moving and changing my thoughts and actions. My confidence in God grows when I pray, when I am quiet in front of the Blessed Sacrament, when I hear the Eucharist prayers.

Lent inspires a perpetually recurring hope for love, for goodness in myself, in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment