Thursday, March 4, 2010

Serendipity

Once upon a time a long, long time ago I went to a Catholic grade school. Between the semesters there was one special week that I used to look forward to each year. This one week was called Serendipity. It was a time when most classes were not held; it was a time of art classes, craft classes. We made pottery, papier mâché puppets, papier collé posters. It was a respite. It was a time of great enthusiasm.

As an adult the liturgy of the Eucharist provides my life with a sense of serendipity each time I attend Mass and hear the prayers recited by the priest.

As an adult I do feel unworthy, weak because of some of my thoughts and actions. I am always asking God for forgiveness.

The liturgy of the Eucharist reminds me of God’s sacrifice, of Christ’s suffering for all of us.

With a contrite heart I pray for love and mercy for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment