Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jumbled Sentences

All of my thoughts this day are jumbled.

I am very happy to be alive but I am trying to decide upon a purpose, course of action for my life.

Technology is helpful but it is also a great distraction as I search for new software, new articles to read.

What is friendship? What is love?

Thursdays contain an exaggerated suspense, as the weekend approaches.

I close my eyes and think of nothing. That is a good thing.

I close my eyes and remember a favorite song from the radio.

It is amusing how many definitions secular has.

All my thoughts this night are jumbled.

I am concerned about those who are sick, hungry, alone, forgotten.

I hear a door close, turn, strain my neck to see who is leaving or arriving.

The darkness creates questions and prayers in my mind and my heart.

And I am happy to be Catholic, happy that it is August, happy that health care might be available for all citizens of this country.

Tonight’s breeze is cold against my face and exposed arms.

All the benches and other tables and chairs on the sun deck are empty tonight.

I am alone.

Being alone is good, calming. Solitude allows me to feel natural.

My life is missing something. I need a purpose. I want to be like St. Paul. I want to write like St. Paul.

Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment