Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Breifly

On Tuesday morning I visited the United States Conference of Catholic Bishop website and learned about their Roman Missal Formation and Health Care Reform websites. I glanced at an article about Liturgical Reforms. I read about the Tridentine Mass and statements made by the Vatican economists. I read accounts of some of Pope Benedict’s Sunday statements.

On Wednesday morning I learned that Senator Edward M. Kennedy had died. On different channels television this was the lead story. This was one of the lead stories of the New York Times and the Washington Post.

A close friend called and informed me of Senator Kennedy’s death. We were saddened but not surprised by this event. I carefully chose which articles to read. It took me several attempts before I could write anything, feel anything. Each death unlocks the feelings of the previous deaths of other loved ones that I have experienced. Each death makes me wonder about my own personal death.

Death often is more intriguing to us than life.

And life continues. We keep breathing. We keep praying. Our Faith keeps growing.

Death encourages and receives lavish praise which often extend beyond the immediate subject. A good life can inspire others to be compassionate, humble, serving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment