Friday, August 21, 2009

Inspired By the Writings of St. Paul

Beloved, you have been with me on a very personal journey as I search within myself to discover how I might help people outside of myself. I have felt like a foreigner as I challenged some of my beliefs and lazy thinking. Your faith has been both inspiration and guide.

Just being in your presence provided a glimpse at unfettered kindness, unshackled goodness. Our lives can be so much more than a mere chronology of events when we believe in God and share that belief with others. How we share our belief is both private and public. What are we willing to do in God’s name? I have seen your courage, your compassion, your patience.

I have learned that being selfish often encourages carelessness in how we interact with others. A giving heart is unbounded and filled with reverence. Life is best when nothing is wasted.

You have shown me a tenderness that I did not deserve but which taught me how to love with my eyes closed. I now understand life is best lived without conditions or expecting anything back from any act of kindness.

It is easy to forget or hide feelings of past love, past hope. But, it was beautiful to remember the goodness of the past and to associate it with the goodness of the present and with you.

Each minute that we are alive is a minute to give thanks and praise to God. Each minute that we are alive is a minute to share and inspire faith and hope. Each minute that we are live is a minute to love unconditionally. Doing those things each minute will be difficult but in the end it will be beneficial for our souls want us to rise up in goodness and love and become beacons for all.

I have learned about the beauty of being in a community because of your patience and kindness. The most beautiful thing is meeting someone filled with God’s grace, God’s love, and God’s will and then being asked to do a simple task. The request created a bond which shall never be broken. I want my life to be filled with God’s grace, God’s love, and God’s will.

It is easy to move through each minute saying, prayers welcome.

I have learned so much about being of service to God from simply being with you, observing you, and listening to what you say about your Faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment