Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reality

. . . My little life, it is certain that I both did pray and attend Mass yesterday and did at sometime commit some sin or offense against God which I must do penance for, it is only a question left for an examination of conscience. There are no specific offenses to share but I must review my actions, my thoughts, my statements, my hesitations and ask if they are pleasing to God. I am again approaching confession for things said and left unsaid, for the content of my life lived to this moment, the hopes, dreams, prayers, and personal crises and disasters which influence my spiritual development.


. . . Sometimes I try not to talk too much, not to say too much for concern of saying the wrong thing which might encourage someone else to say or do the wrong thing. Humility and obedience do not welcome the spotlight for too much attention can lead to selfishness and badness.


I must accept that my life as a Christian requires that I honestly be prepared for all eventualities, and that nothing can undo the love and mercy of God. I am resolved to live a life of goodness and holiness and to consider myself a humble servant, and I desire the joy of prayer and reflection, but I am ready to examine my conscience and ask for God’s forgiveness. My life is not my life; my life is his life. I must make it pleasing for him.


In the midst of all this examination of conscience I somehow feel secure and blessed; how wonderful my life as a Christian is; God’s love and grace allows us to live through magnificent hours, when the Gospels and all of the prayers on an august significance.


There is something beautiful in longing for a simple life based upon the Gospel teachings of love and obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment