Monday, January 25, 2010

Prayers, Prayers, Prayers

Are we so pampered that we are blind to the despair that hides just beneath our savage comfort zones? When someone on the street asks for money, how do we respond? Do you ever allow yourself to be hungry? to miss a meal? Would you give a cold destitute person the new coat that you are wearing? What is important to you simply going to Mass or being involved in the Mass?

As Catholics we are called to use Christ as a guide for us in our daily lives; we should have love and respect for everyone. Poverty should not scare us. Death should not scare us.

We must train ourselves to look beyond the simply visible

Prayers, prayers, prayers, prayers,—These are my first days of consciousness of faith, full of hope, but searching for signs of goodness and holiness in others. The Bible and other inspirational books wait to be read. I actually feel sanguine right now.

I am in a state of great nervous enthusiasm because of the desire to be a humble servant of the Lord and the examples of that behavior which I have seen in others. I lead the life of a journalist. I observe everything with my eyes, I record and save each moment within my mind as I search for the best examples of serving God.


What I observe and remember is beautiful, in each of us both goodness and holiness are present and sometimes visible in the little things that we naturally do in our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment