Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake wakes DC

There was an earthquake in Washington, DC today. I was outside and I did not feel a thing. There was no Hollywood special effects, no swaying trees, no audio cues, no surround sound. I was walking along thinking about how Modern society has abandoned all discussion about morality in favor of celebrity trivia. Permissiveness rules modern society. And then a barefoot man with a dog on a lease asked me if I felt it. I asked him “Felt what?” He said “The Earthquake.” “No,” I replied. “It must have been a truck or something.” Both the dog and the man looked at me as if I had no nose, hands for feet and feet for hands. Then as if on cue, a distant voice screamed, “Earthquake. Earthquake. It’s an earthquake.” The barefoot man with the dog said that he was from San Francisco. There was a little more small talk.

There was an earthquake in Washington, DC today and I did not feel it.

I was outside thinking and walking.

There was an earthquake today!

No comments:

Post a Comment