Thursday, December 17, 2009

reviewed

Yes, I did go to confession. I was a little apprehensive, a little anxious. My imagination created all types of scenarios. I looked at different areas of my life, examined my mistakes, my sins. I looked at the things that I wanted to stop doing. I tried to forgive myself, tried to tell myself that it would be easy for me to change by myself, that I could avoid sinning again by myself and then there was a great realization, but it occurred softly, gently that I was being manipulated by myself.

I reviewed my life but put certain actions under the remnant of my ethical and moral microscope. Sin pretends to arrive with exceptions; sometimes called explanations, rationalizations, justifications.

Confession rests upon the hearts of faithful men who both love and are in awe of God.

It is unfortunate, considering all the technological advances that humans have not advanced beyond sin.

Confession is not to be avoided; it provides understanding, absolution, and hope.

And since this is the season of Advent with Christmas slowly approaching and several remaining holiday parties to attend, I probably will have to go to Confession again, soon.

Confession is a resource of the faithful; and the faithful are happy to often use it. Thinking is required; silence is required; and after a couple of moments speaking is allowed. Our minds, hearts, and souls are relieved by confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment