Sunday, December 6, 2009

Character

How do I describe my character? How do I describe my relationship with God? How do I deal with life’s uncertainty? Am I distant from God?

My mind analyzes these and other similar questions each day. Life behooves me to examine my humanity. Faith requires patience and discernment.

It is my quiet desire to gradually build a substantive mature relationship with God.

I must remember to always be compassionate, loving, humble. I must remember to accept life’s unpredictability. Life can be horrific. Life can be tender.

My existence must contain charity, humility, compassion, mercy.

The consequence of the artificiality of modern life can distance me from myself, my thoughts, and God. Life without God, without God’s mercy and love can be described as stereotypical, empty, unoriginal, uninspiring, barren.

How remarkable a life with Jesus can be! We have hope, faith. Our lives can bear witness to God’s presence, his love for us. I must always remember and accept that sin is always around me. There is something deliberate about sin as it creates its own seductive reality. As a Christian I must learn how to avoid and how to defeat the urge to sin.

For goodness and holiness to grow there must be a reduction of temptation, selfishness, and sin within my life. To thwart sin I must keep my mind and body busy doing God’s work. I must increase my time for prayer and reflection each day.

I must always remember to connect moral and ethical thought to my Faith and my belief in God. God is my life’s absolute. God is supreme.

Moral relativism is best served at room temperature in a vacuum; it might be good for abstract discussions but it is often dangerous in the wild. My life is better when I remember to put God first and to believe in him.

My life is better when it is in service to God; it is important to live a life of goodness and be altruistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment