Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Little Calcium and Vitamin D

In my quiet moments, sometimes when I reflect upon the saints, my imagination creates a world of squirrels and streams of clear, cold water and stone churches. My imagination creates a world vivid yet sterile with simplistic ideas of good and bad. How easy it is for me to downplay the struggles and hardships the saints endured.

Each saint found an unique way to serve God. Each saint provides an unique path to encounter and to serve God. Each Christian is encouraged to have an unique, personal relationship with God. Our prayers help to create this bond.

In my quiet moments, sometimes, as I reflect upon my daily obstacles, my imagination creates a world of vengeful speeches and a stereophonic soundtrack of cold despair and stony, steep stairs leading away from goodness, away from kindness, away from holiness. My imagination creates a world of brittle pomposity, brittle insincerity where good and bad trade places, stand side by side, joined as friends, allies in a world of selfishness and avarice.

Luckily I live in the real world, with friends, whose actions, honesty, struggles offer me glimpses of peace, glimpses of love, glimpses of living, breathing, praying saints moving toward God, moving closer to heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment