Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When to Say

How beautiful and distant life can be. How beautiful and dangling love can be. Neither life nor love progress in the way of great literature or Hollywood movie formula. There is much to think about, much to avoid.

There are always distractions, diversions, and other detours waiting to tempt us.

How wonderful life is in the abstract. How many cliffhangers had you lived today!

How many moments have you been left dangling, how many times have you left someone dangling?

And in the distance there is always a crowd, sometimes real, sometimes imaginary; approaching, retreating, attacking, surrendering. There is always a crowd, seen or unseen, visible or invisible.

A crowd relating, a crowd waiting.



I do not claim that I keep in touch with friends and family as well as I want to do it. I only claim to know how much I think about different people from my life, and remember them in such a manner as to feel their presence almost daily in the few moments of silence and reflection that I allow myself each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment