Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Day After


We stood here in the silence of half remembered college newspaper stories. 
I showed her this – a picture of sunlight on a champagne flute. I remember wanting to somehow become a
 split-second saint sacrificing myself to save all those who I love and all those who I profess to love with the gentle gracefulness of a floating rippled nimbus cloud.

We stood there in the confusion of hunger and thirst, of being friends, of being modern, of being urban, of being us. And there was all of these smells and things to sample, to want to sample. There were pools of chocolate and powdered sugar and bananas, pools to be seen. 
I remember wanting to somehow become a
 split-second saint sacrificing myself to save all those who I love and all those who I profess to love with the gentle gracefulness of a floating rippled nimbus cloud.

We stood there in the silence of half seen newspaper headlines, boldly announcing protests and revolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment