Saturday, December 4, 2010

no more will you weep December 4

Untitled Prayer from Yesterday





Never until this instance have I ever seen.

The delicate candle-lighted wreath and ribbons

On the black wick,

tickles the flame and offers a new trick;

And thereupon silence my tongue does pick

Remembrance, yes; recollection, yes:

Poignant thought about gibbons.



A prayer within my heart, smitten, content does grow.

Nurtured by goodness, kindness, holiness,

And when at last I did approach charity,

Faith provided a glimpse of truth and solidarity,

And my heart did yearn for the familiarity

Within quiet marble places; smitten silent

Waiting, wanting to learn something new, something true.



Why do your eyes look upon my ears?

What can you see within my desperation?

Do you feel my prayers?

Am I content with my cares

What is there but what each of us shares,

In reverent imaging and candle light,

A moment of talk, a moment of quiet.



The sweetest love does approach with each breath here

Words chanted gently, almost in unison linger

With a vanquishing power of tender deliquesce

Or heavenly loveliness,

Merely announcing the beauty of holiness

Among the harmonies of hope and good cheer

Faith makes each believer a true singer.



But why should you kneel down before your Father

And start--with sounds, then words, then sentences--

Simply praying

That any day could bring

or inspire the goodness of anything

Beauty requires prayer,

And prayer does make us wonder, does make us fonder

of our Father.


Now the candle light does stand guard;

The silence does surround, comfort me,

Within the stump speeches in my mind,

A wish for humility to bind,

all the goodness, kindness that the prayers may find,

within my body, heart, and soul with holiness as my guard

as I journey, as I yearn, as I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment